Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
I recently discovered the beauty of IMAP and have Mail.app set up to display the mail folders and messages hosted by my web host provider. I can even tie the sent folder in Mail.app to the sent folder on the IMAP server which is cool becuase now I can then see everything I've sent & received from both home and away. Which brings up my question...

I am currently limited to using Horde webmail which isn't bad, but it's far from perfect (see image below). Was wondering if anyone could recommend another webmail program that I could pass along as a suggestion to my web host. They say they'll consider requests, so I figure it's worth a shot if I can find something that blows this away.

Ideas?

Current webmail (Horde)

Attachments

• horde.gif
    horde.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 242

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
The usual suspects are Horde, Squirrel Mail and Neo Mail, plus the slightly less well known Open Web Mail. However, all are pretty much similar in the looks department and I'm guessing functionality.

Best bet might be to try and find a decent skin for Horde. Or get a laptop so you can use Mail all the time ;) :p

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Squirrel Mail and Neo Mail were options on my host, but now they're not... Waiting for the new 12" iBooks before I take the plunge for a laptop :D

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Squirrel mail has a good following, a lot from prestige. Horde is powerful... sometimes. I don't really care which I use. In the end, they all work the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.