Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I can't decide which one should I go with. The three contenders are

1st choice. Bang & Olufsen Earset 3
2nd choice. hf2 Etymotic or
3rd choice. V-MODA Vibe II

Has anyone used Bang & Olufsen's Earset 3? Hows the call quality? I went to the Apple store to but the hf2 and the sales person recommended V-Moda's Vibe II. Confused me to the point that I can't decide.

The web reviews by iLounge are also synonymous.

What I'm looking for is great call quality as I'm on long calls. I have the Plantronics 925 and its not the best I can use for longer calls.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
The NuForce NE-7M are great! Amazing microphone and earbud sound quality. NOt nearly as expensive as the others, too. Highly recommend it. I recommended it to some people on another thread. They all bought it and told me they loved it! Only available on Amazon, though.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
The NuForce NE-7M are great! Amazing microphone and earbud sound quality. NOt nearly as expensive as the others, too. Highly recommend it. I recommended it to some people on another thread. They all bought it and told me they loved it! Only available on Amazon, though.

Interesting find.. I think I might give it a go. How is the microphone. Is it as good as the iphone's internal mic? Is this compared to the Hf2?

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Any Recommendations between the two: Bang & Olufsen Earset 3 or hf2 Etymotic

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
Interesting find.. I think I might give it a go. How is the microphone. Is it as good as the iphone's internal mic? Is this compared to the Hf2?

I also have the NuForce headset. Sounds great and the microphone is excellent. There is a pretty extensive review here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/...-x10-ne-8-impressions-added-1-15-09-a-383617/

I did have trouble with a couple of defective sets, but the company (based out of California I believe) was great in getting replacements out.

Yeah, the microphone really is amazing! Definitely better than the stock Apple ones.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i have earset 3 from B&O, and i also have er4p ( the advance model of hf2 ),
in my opinion, i think earset is more comfortable,

but isolation isnt as good as er4p or HF2, depends on how much you willing to pay, there is also another option,Phonak Audéo PFE.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2008/11/phonak-audeo-pfe-perfect-fit-earphone-review.php

it has really good feedback on Head-fi.

alex

Puming, I think Audeo is a good option but the mic seems to be a disappointment.

The inline microphone on this version of the Audéo PFE, was a disappointment to me as well. While it would be OK for recording a quick note, the lack of audio feedback from the microphone was too disconcerting to allow me to comfortable hold a phone conversation while using the earphones. I was informed (by a company rep) that this lack was due to the nature of the way a cell phone works (a phenomenon called “sidetone” where not enough audio signal is returned to the user’s earpiece). That may be true, but when you are talking on the cell phone normally, you haven’t isolated your ears from hearing your own voice like you do when wearing earphones. So, for me, that explanation ends up being kind of a cop-out to avoid the somewhat more expensive engineering that providing feedback from the microphone would require. And, to be fair, though, I want to also point out that most of these types of devices suffer from this problem, but many, including Apple’s new in-canal earphone, also state clearly that they are not really suited for extensive use with the iPhone.

geardiary.com/2008/12/10/audeo-pfe-perfect-fit-earphones-from-phonak/

machee

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2009
I like Bang & Olufsen Earset 3, bought it last week..
gdsmile.gif

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I've been using this headset for 2 days now and must say this headset is very comfortable and the mic works just perfect. I haven't seen a bluetooth to date with this comfort and clarity.

Yes it lacks bass when compared to the Bose QC3's but for calls, this is a solid product !!!

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
I second the nuForce NE-7M.

They are Excellent quality. Read this review.

"I don't care who makes these Nuforce NE-7M, because listening to them unamped out of my 3G iPhone right now there is no question in my mind that they will beat the SE210, E2c, E3c, ER6i, Super.fi 5 pro and JVC Marshmallow/JVC aircushion and most other under $100-150 IEM.

I am so surprised by them I suspect maybe they would also beat the Denon C700, q-JAYS, SE310 and E4c, although I only have the C700 still. I clearly remember not being shocked and surprised with the other's sound like I am right now with the Nuforce out of the box."

The silicone tips that come with them are not the best. I purchased the silicone tips that came with the Shure e2c headphones because they were recommended. These headphones are amazing. The mic is great quality, and the headphones are simply amazing, especially at $50. Best iPhone headset under $200.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I second the nuForce NE-7M.

They are Excellent quality. Read this review.

"I don't care who makes these Nuforce NE-7M, because listening to them unamped out of my 3G iPhone right now there is no question in my mind that they will beat the SE210, E2c, E3c, ER6i, Super.fi 5 pro and JVC Marshmallow/JVC aircushion and most other under $100-150 IEM.

I am so surprised by them I suspect maybe they would also beat the Denon C700, q-JAYS, SE310 and E4c, although I only have the C700 still. I clearly remember not being shocked and surprised with the other's sound like I am right now with the Nuforce out of the box."

The silicone tips that come with them are not the best. I purchased the silicone tips that came with the Shure e2c headphones because they were recommended. These headphones are amazing. The mic is great quality, and the headphones are simply amazing, especially at $50. Best iPhone headset under $200.

I'm not a big fan of in ear earphones. I can somehow hear myself when I have that kinda setup. With the B&O you can comfortable adjust it to what point you feel comfortable.

Agreed, Its pricey but then again look at the 3 year warranty. Anything happens they usually switch it out, no questions !! so an investment of 200$'s for 3 years aint that bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.