Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Chomping at the bit... Darn bby! :) Still no movement for mine. You'd think I'd have some movement being eastern and later in the morning.
I know how you feel. Bby doesn't even open until 10 AM, so I figured that I wouldn't see a change before then.

Reactions: forza1976

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I order my 15 pro max at around 6pm on the 15th and mine is being prepared for shipment. Att canceled my original pre order, and luckily I was able to pre order at bb at 6pm and still get it on launch day.

Reactions: jamezr

whoseanthony

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2018
My delivery just had cancel options gray out and UPS logo inserted next to packaging your item. good sign for it to be delivered tomorrow. AND got a tracking number

Reactions: jamezr

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
That's awesome. So it looks like people who ordered via shipping may actually get theirs on time. Congrats!

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
About 5 mins ago my pickup status at Best Buy switched to "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow". I didn't receive an e-mail or anything. Who knows if it's even a meaningful status, but still I certainly wouldn't lose hope this early.

greenbee

macrumors member
May 6, 2015
I am a total tech member at Best Buy. So, it’s in my best interest to buy my phone here since I get AppleCare included correct? Saves me money vs going direct to Apple or Verizon?

Reactions: forza1976

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Oh wow, the Best Buy gods have smiled upon you. Just curious, what time did you place your order with Best Buy?
Order placed at 6:15 AM Arizona time last Friday.

I am a total tech member at Best Buy. So, it’s in my best interest to buy my phone here since I get AppleCare included correct? Saves me money vs going direct to Apple or Verizon?
That's exactly why I buy all of my Apple products (and most other electronics) at Best Buy. I would buy AppleCare+ anyways, so getting it included with my Totaltech membership (now simply known as "Total") is a big incentive.

AmericanDream

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Florida
FYI - Mine is now saying ‘arriving tomorrow, packaging your item’ however no tracking has been provided. Ordered immediately on the morning of 9/15.

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
From what I understand from some Best Buy employees, that "Preparing for Pickup Tomorrow" basically means the phone has arrived at the store (from the warehouse or wherever), but it doesn't mean your specific phone has been pulled yet.

er2429

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2009
Still nothing on my end... it just says... I ordered pretty late in the day on Friday and could not believe it was still available on release day. My receipt says pickup on 9/22, but it does not say that anywhere in the app. I didn't really care at the time if it was beyond the release date, but now I am excited.
1695316585996.png

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
man I love Best Buy but will never pre order anything through them again. 2 different occasions (didn’t learn my lesson the first time) I pre ordered immediately when available and was told don’t worry you’ll have it release day….well I couldn’t cancel my order and over a month later they finally cancelled my order when “payment went through”.

And since I did the upgrade and monthly thing I couldn’t go to att and buy unless that order was cancelled

ucsdsig13

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
Nice. I'm waiting on an update for my pick up order in Los Angeles.

I had a nightmare pre-order experience last year. Three 14 Pro Max shipments from Apple (my original order and two replacements) were "lost" after arriving at my local UPS depot. After that experience, I don't trust my local UPS facility with Apple orders.

Reactions: er2429

AmericanDream

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Florida
Update: got UPS tracking number but detailed tracking not available yet. Best Buy app still saying delivery is tomorrow, 9/22 tho. 🙏
Ughhh, just got this. Your package should arrive Sat, September 23 - Tue, September 26

We're working on shipping this item. It's unlikely, but if your item isn't available by Thu, October 5, we'll issue a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.