Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Semio1es

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I purchased the iPhone 3G Skin Total body skin from BestSkinsEver.com.

Is this front skin compatible with the iPhone 3GS new oleophobic screen?

Anyone heard if it will damage the coating that Apple has applied to cut-down on fingerprints, smudges, etc?

I do not want to ruin the coating with a protector, but I need one because I do not want the scratches.

I have an email into them with the question, once I hear I will post their response.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I'm preparing to try BSE too, I need to remove this IS first since it already turned yellow against my white iPhone.

nioted

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I purchased the iPhone 3G Skin Total body skin from BestSkinsEver.com.

Is this front skin compatible with the iPhone 3GS new oleophobic screen?

Anyone heard if it will damage the coating that Apple has applied to cut-down on fingerprints, smudges, etc?

I do not want to ruin the coating with a protector, but I need one because I do not want the scratches.

I have an email into them with the question, once I hear I will post their response.

I have it installed now on the 3GS, no problems at all.

Semio1es

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have it installed now on the 3GS, no problems at all.

Yeah, I know their will not be problems installing it, but what about 6 months from now IF I want to remove it? Will the coating on the screen be damaged?

That's what I am trying to figure out.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Yeah, I know their will not be problems installing it, but what about 6 months from now IF I want to remove it? Will the coating on the screen be damaged?

That's what I am trying to figure out.

I think no one knows (since 6 mos hasn't past yet from the release of the iPhone 3GS) you might want to ask BSE for that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.