Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
Hi,
after install El Capitan beta 2 some days ago, my Mac Mini became very slow and it use 99% of my 10GB of RAM every time. The process kernel_task seems to request all memory compared to other process.
Every 30 seconds Mac freeze, also while I'm writing this post.
Sometimes it freeze and the only way to recover it is to force power off holding power button.
I already test my disk with disk doctor, with safe start but the disk seems to be ok.
In El Capitan beta 1 no problem at all.
Anyone notice same issue?
I hope next week it will be better with beta 3 (I think it's coming early next week with iOS9 beta 3).
Thank's

Last edited:

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Hi,
after install El Capitan beta 2 some days ago, my Mac Mini became very slow and it use 99% of my 8GB or RAM every time. The process kernel_task seems to request all memory compared to other process.
Every 30 seconds Mac freeze, also while I'm writing this post.
Sometimes it freeze and the only way to recover it is to force power off holding power button.
I already test my disk with disk doctor, with safe start but the disk seems to be ok.
In El Capitan beta 1 no problem at all.
Anyone notice same issue?
I hope next week it will be better with beta 3 (I think it's coming early next week with iOS9 beta 3).
Thank's
kernel_task is OS X. Not sure what disk doctor is but you don't need to check your disk that often.
I would recommend starting over as new or at least cleaning out all of the cache.
An app called Onyx can do this. Look it up on google and delete all of your caches and see if there are any speed improvements

dadiduekappa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2013
Naples - Italy
kernel_task is OS X. Not sure what disk doctor is but you don't need to check your disk that often.
I would recommend starting over as new or at least cleaning out all of the cache.
An app called Onyx can do this. Look it up on google and delete all of your caches and see if there are any speed improvements

Thank's. I will try with Onyx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.