Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stokkes

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Hi all

I’m getting what appears to be a Sprinboard crash loop anytime I have my Smart Keyboard plugged into my 11” iPad Pro and docked into one of the two magnetic grooves.

Symptom
upon “docking” the iPad springboard crashes (black screen with waiting icon in the middle for a few seconds), then shows the lock screen. Attempting to unlock just does the same crash. Undocking the iPad from the magnetic groove and the problem immediately goes away. Re-docking it and it comes back. 100% repeatable.

Troubleshooting steps
I’ve done a bunch:

• Restarted iPad
  • Reset settings
  • Wiped iPad completely and started from scratch. This worked for a bit but the problem came back.
  • Erased / re-added keyboards
Curious if anyone else has run into this?

Cheers,

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
Not having problems on my iPad Pro 10.5 either. Sounds like it might be an 11” problem.

Stokkes

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Not having problems on my iPad Pro 10.5 either. Sounds like it might be an 11” problem.

You guys may be onto something. I disabled Face ID (which the 10.5 does not have) and haven’t had a crash since yesterday.

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
I have seen the black screen and spinning on my 2018 iPP 12.9" and I hadn't given any thought to it being a possible keyboard related issue, it seems to happen for me sometimes when I'm scrolling through "slideover" apps

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm seeing resprings with Youtube, podcasts and sometimes maps. Beta 2 stability has been worse for me than Beta 1. Restoring for now. May revisit Beta 5-6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.