Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
That's definitely good to hear. I really want to install the PB (once it's released) on my DD iPhone Xs. But I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger since I use my phone for work (BlackBerry Work app). So I suspect the app will be unusable if I were to install the PB.

ankitrihal

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Jakarta
Everything seems to be working fine for me as well on Beta 2 using on xS Max however whatsapp seems to not refresh by itself. Need to open the again that’s the time it fetches data - Anyone else facing similar issue ? Or any tips to fix it ? Checked in settings App Refresh is on. Anything else if I need to do - Please advise. TIA.

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
Gets a little warm with me - but we will see how that shakes out.
For what it’s worth, on my iPad, that is improved ten folds compared to beta 1. My battery lasted 4-5 hours and the screen was very warm almost all the time. Right now I’m at 56% and have used it about 5-6 hours. So i’m Sure you’ll be fine With beta 2.

Riley-Freeman

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
Toronto (2019 NBA WORLD CHAMPS)
Everything seems to be working fine for me as well on Beta 2 using on xS Max however whatsapp seems to not refresh by itself. Need to open the again that’s the time it fetches data - Anyone else facing similar issue ? Or any tips to fix it ? Checked in settings App Refresh is on. Anything else if I need to do - Please advise. TIA.
Seems like this is a problem for Whatsapp web. On my phone it works fine but Whatsapp web stops working if I don’t leave Whatsapp open

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
On my Air 2, app switcher is extremely buggy. Slideover apps are almost impossible to dismiss, and it often locks up so much I can't access multitasking or Home screen at all and need to reboot.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Using it on my X and it’s not too bad. WhatsApp is a bit buggy, and it often crashes/freezes when changing wallpaper in Settings. Other than that it’s pretty solid.
[doublepost=1560954325][/doublepost]
WhatsApp is definitely buggy. It’s a known issue.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I've had iOS 13 on my daily driver since day 1 and it's been pretty smooth. Really impressive for the first beta.

Macdctr

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
I installed Beta2 on my iPhone X and so far no issues. Still feeling things out but so far with what I have been using I have not noticed anything buggy like I did using Beta1.

ankitrihal

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
Jakarta
I’m facing another issue starting today - None of the apps updating from App Store ... It jus says waiting on all the apps and none updating. Tried restarting the device and again putting it for update - No Go. And it’s jus circling on App Store as well.
289d8d27aec509c001053f3c461d88ad.jpg

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
I’m facing another issue starting today - None of the apps updating from App Store ... It jus says waiting on all the apps and none updating. Tried restarting the device and again putting it for update - No Go. And it’s jus circling on App Store as well.
It did the same for me but the apps updated in the end.

I am having more serious VoLTE reliability issues.

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
That's definitely good to hear. I really want to install the PB (once it's released) on my DD iPhone Xs. But I'm very hesitant to pull the trigger since I use my phone for work (BlackBerry Work app). So I suspect the app will be unusable if I were to install the PB.

Same with me. BlackBerry Work will open and update on my iPad running beta 2 but crashes every time after about 30 seconds. Holding off on my iPhone until I can see it working on iPad.

Reactions: nburwell

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Same with me. BlackBerry Work will open and update on my iPad running beta 2 but crashes every time after about 30 seconds. Holding off on my iPhone until I can see it working on iPad.

Good to know. I appreciate the input!

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It’s smooth, but still has it’s quirks and bugs of course for a beta 2. Not all apps are working properly, as expected. I wouldn’t recommend using it as your daily driver unless you’re willing to put up with the bugs, like I am lol.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I put it on my XS Max and it is running pretty smoothly so far. A few little quirks so far..but nothing earth shattering!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
289d8d27aec509c001053f3c461d88ad.jpg
Weird. I just updated apps twice today, no issue at all, either under wifi or cellular.

nosajgames

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
New York NY
Using it on my X and it’s not too bad. WhatsApp is a bit buggy, and it often crashes/freezes when changing wallpaper in Settings. Other than that it’s pretty solid.
[doublepost=1560954325][/doublepost]
WhatsApp is definitely buggy. It’s a known issue.

What’sApp has this double notification going on. Beta 2 is a blessing I tell you. For my iPad Pro I cant seem to get the side widget back on the home screen. Anyone has had this issue yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.