Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Beta 3 is very buggy and glitchy, especially compared to the same build on my i5. Rotation bugs, slow keyboard, glitchy graphics.. Is thhis your experience as well?

Also, iCloud tabs seem not to be implemented at all.

Seems to me iPad development is really way behind is time.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Beta 3 is very buggy and glitchy, especially compared to the same build on my i5. Rotation bugs, slow keyboard, glitchy graphics.. Is thhis your experience as well?

Some insider reports regarding iOS 7 at WWDC indicated that Apple was concentrating very heavily on iPhone which is why the iPad version came 2 weeks later. I wouldnt be surprised if the iPad versions were a tafd unstable at release or they delay the iPad version of iOS 7 a few weeks.

It would make some sense for them to release the iPhone 5S in late August or early September with iOS 7 and then tell everyone the iPad version is coming later. Then they have another event in October to release iPad 5 and iOS 7 for iPad.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013

Beta 3 on my iPad mini is pretty good - way better than beta 2.

Not sure why iPad 4 is so buggy for you...if you did an OTA install of beta 3, try a clean install.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
No, this is a clean install. Was glitchy and buggy even BEFORE I restored the backup of previous 6.1 install.

Things like glitchy multitasking gestures and the general choppiness are really not a good sign for a third beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.