Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubo Draco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
if I enrolled in the Public Beta, will I be able to install the stable/public release of iOS 9 OTA update? I'm currently under iOS 9 Public Beta 3 and the only update I can see is the 9.1 Public Beta 1

iPad 2 (3G + WiFi)

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
That's because 9.1 is newer than the Public release of iOS 9.
I would try to uninstall the beta profile in Settings, give it a restart, and then you should see iOS 9.0 in the software update.

Reactions: Rubo Draco

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As mentioned in numerous threads about this, if you delete the public beta profile you should be able to see the 9.0 update.

Rubo Draco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Thanks, I'm currently downloading so removing the Beta profile worked. I thought I would be able to choose between stable 9 and 9.1 Beta 1 but no

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks, I'm currently downloading so removing the Beta profile worked. I thought I would be able to choose between stable 9 and 9.1 Beta 1 but no
You are either on the production track or the beta track essentially, controlled by having that profile or not having it.

Reactions: Rubo Draco

Rubo Draco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
You are either on the production track or the beta track essentially, controlled by having that profile or not having it.
Ok, thanks for the info
if I choose to remove my device from beta updates, will I be able to enroll it again in the future?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ok, thanks for the info
if I choose to remove my device from beta updates, will I be able to enroll it again in the future?
As long as Apple still provides that and your account is part of the program.

Rubo Draco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Ok, then I'll remove my device from beta updates for now because I don't want to keep getting the 9.1 beta update pop-up. Thank you guys for the help!

Reactions: C DM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.