Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drago94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Hi, I would like to try iOS 12 beta testing. I don’t have a beta testing profile. I want to ask when the sharp version of iOS 12 comes out in September, will it install the sharp version and cancel beta testing? Do you have an experiences with beta testing? I don’t think Apple Developer Program.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can install the betas and when the final version comes out you can install the final version.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
upload_2018-6-4_15-17-59.png

Oh my. Here we go...

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
You need to be a developer to test out iOS 12 right now or sign up for he public beta next month. Nobody in the forums are allowed to give out their iOS Profiles as it violates MR rules.

Reactions: 3:16

Drago94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
OK, so will beta testing then cancel or will I have to delete the phone? Sorry I haven’t experience with it.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
Every year, the cycle continues:

1. Hey, I wanna test that new Apple beta
  2. Oh, it's only for developers to test their stuff works until the Public Beta is released
  3. But I can test that right?
  4. That's great, but you don't recommend installing on your everyday device as IT WILL have issues
  5. IT JUST F**KED MY ONLY DEVICE
Welcome to the crazy season :D

Reactions: kappaknight

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
OK, so will beta testing then cancel or will I have to delete the phone? Sorry I haven’t experience with it.
Usually you can just update to the final and that's it, like any other update. But, when you use betas things can happen that aren't expected, so there might be a point where you might need to reinstall completely for one reason or another--basically something you should be prepared for as a decent possibility.

Reactions: jhall8

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Every year, the cycle continues:

1. Hey, I wanna test that new Apple beta
  2. Oh, it's only for developers to test their stuff works until the Public Beta is released
  3. But I can test that right?
  4. That's great, but you don't recommend installing on your everyday device as IT WILL have issues
  5. IT JUST F**KED MY ONLY DEVICE
Welcome to the crazy season :D

I know what you’re saying (and don’t disagree), but I really have heard few or no instances when one of these betas completely messed up someone’s phone. I’m sure the stories are out there, but not as many as you might suspect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.