Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raiden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
I find it annoying how un-powerful the view options in the finder are. I want to be able to manipulate every aspect of things like background images in the finder, how big the snap to grid grid is, font sizes/colors/type of font, etc. I could do some of that stuff in OS9, but not in OSX.

I hope stuff like this is in Tiger...

Raiden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
Sorry, maybe I was unclear. You know how when in a finder window, you goto View-View Options, and there is an option to keep the background white, add a color, or add a picture? The picture part is what I was talking about. I want to be able to keep the picture static, tile it, position it, etc.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Raiden said:
Sorry, maybe I was unclear. You know how when in a finder window, you goto View-View Options, and there is an option to keep the background white, add a color, or add a picture? The picture part is what I was talking about. I want to be able to keep the picture static, tile it, position it, etc.
If I were you, I'd send feedback to Apple. That's the best way to let Apple know what you want. If you send it early enough, you might see these features in Tiger.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
you're a developer, right? i dont' think Apple would be too thrilled with people getting their hands on a pre-release OS and then emailing in suggestions... just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.