Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2020
Lately I experienced a serious issue. HME disclosed my real emails addr. It happened when i responded to a reply to my HME.

Checked that the sender put CC in her reply to my HME. So, when I replied to ALL, my real email replied to both her primary addr which was relay (that s how HME hidden my real email), and also directly replied to the CC recipients.

Recalled in previous IOS Rev, the cc fields were auto disabled. But in the latest IOS, I am able to reply to cc recipients, even change the cc field.

Does anyone aware of the above?

As far as I know, HME works on one to one mapping for a relay email is auto created in Apple s servers for anyone who has ever sent email to a HME email so as to hidden users when responding to replies to HME. Hence, CC should break this mechanism.

Dunno why the recent IOS relax this CC restrictions hence broke this privacy feature!

Last edited:

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Lately I experienced a serious issue. HME disclosed my real emails addr. It happened when i responded to a reply to my HME.

Checked that the sender put CC in her reply to my HME. So, when I replied to ALL, my real email replied to both her primary addr which was relay (that s how HME hidden my real email), and also directly replied to the CC recipients.

Recalled in previous IOS Rev, the cc fields were auto disabled. But in the latest IOS, I am able to reply to cc recipients, even change the cc field.

Does anyone aware of the above?

As far as I know, HME works on one to one mapping for a relay email is auto created in Apple s servers for anyone who has ever sent email to a HME email so as to hidden users when responding to replies to HME. Hence, CC should break this mechanism.

Dunno why the recent IOS relax this CC restrictions hence broke this privacy feature!
You were using the Apple Mail app, correct? I made the mistake once of replying to an email from a different email app.

timeislove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2020
You were using the Apple Mail app, correct? I made the mistake once of replying to an email from a different email app.
yes, in IOS. but does it matter?

i checked again "reply all" for a msg sent to HME addr. the CC field is still blocked.

the problem is with any replies sent to HME addr with CC recipients. replying to all in mail app would disclose one's real email addr.

very unhappy for showing my real addr, as that is a privacy issues that HME tries to handle at the first place!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.