Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I have a MBP 2.33 15" with 256mb vram.
The game runs great in widescreen at 1152x720 when playing online. single player I can play at 1440x900 no problem but something lowers framerate in network games.
add this to the bottom of your ~/Library/Preferences/Battlefield 2142 Preferences/config file to change resolution and activate widescreen mode.
Code:
[AppDefaults\\BF2142.exe\\transgaming]
;"cmdlineadd" = " +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900"
"cmdlineadd" = " +widescreen 1 +szx 1152 +szy 720"

I just uncomment/comment the appropriate lines when I want to switch resolutions. If what ppl tell me is true I may be able to run native all the time once Leopard comes out... which would be nice.

This will stretch the screen, not enable a wider view.

Could you run a network game and type in the console renderer.drawFps 1? and let us know what FPS range you get (min and max) and what it roughly hovers round?

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Confirmed today that this game does not work on the new 24" iMacs. Anyone saying they have it running needs to provide screenshots or it didn't happen. :)

A Mac Genius and I installed it on one of their iMacs and blame same graphics glitches. He was surprised as well as curious why it didn't work. Said initially sounds like a card issue but now looks like immature drivers.

Blizzards comments on the Pixel Shader incompatibility with the new iMac's ATI card just re-confirms that in that they state Apple is aware and have an engineer at AMD working on it.

SO this widescreen fix probably won't work for some since it appears BF2142 is having trouble identifying the 24" monitor through the graphics card and only posting 2 possible resolutions and trying to force anything else is futile as it will revert back to it's native resolution.

meanderis

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2007
This will stretch the screen, not enable a wider view.

Could you run a network game and type in the console renderer.drawFps 1? and let us know what FPS range you get (min and max) and what it roughly hovers round?

I think it cuts the tops and bottoms of the screen off. but I prefer to have the full display being used instead of having black bars on the sides.

Just did a quick game to get the fps for you.... really should be sleeping...
pretty much stayed mid 30 to mid 40's going up to 50-60 once in while and somtimes getting down to 20's. artillery strikes and some of the shaders effects can drop the framerate down low like that. If you really want best performance close out of extra apps you have running... the less running the better till leopard. I really hope what ppl are saying about opengl performance of leopard is true.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
I have the game now. :D
I have a littel problem too, When I should do the EA Account creation they ask for a email. I only have the keyboard on my MBP and it wont let me do any @, how should I do?

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I have the game now. :D
I have a littel problem too, When I should do the EA Account creation they ask for a email. I only have the keyboard on my MBP and it wont let me do any @, how should I do?

Are you running this in Windows or MacOSX?

I've not setup an account in OSX as I had an existing one, but if it's being weird, try SHIFT + ". This might give you the @.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
It is the OS X verison of the game. And shift + " will not work, I did try to copy to but that didnt work.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
Works very good :D.
I did ask a friend to make an account for me. Think I have to buy me a keyboard, will apples aluminum keyboard work? anyone here play with one of them?

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Works very good :D.
I did ask a friend to make an account for me. Think I have to buy me a keyboard, will apples aluminum keyboard work? anyone here play with one of them?

I use it. It works just fine on my setup. Can't say that for anything other than my setup but it does work fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.