Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delarock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
Hi guys and girl. Is there any bibliographic software for ipad which you can connect with word ? I need to write my PhD thesis and there will be 200+ citations. What are the possibilities? thanks.

CloudChief

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2021
I recommend using Zotero. It’s an app and can sync your citations across iOS and MacOS etc..

I used it on my Mac for my MSc, and there was a word plugin. However, I don’t think word on iPadOS supports plugins.

But Zotero can auto generate in text and full citations based on various different citation styles (think you can make your own too). So you can just copy and paste references.

It works with Safari extensions (on iPadOS) so you can add references directly from Safari. It should save the pdf file of the paper you’re reading too (if there is one).

It’s not the prettiest app, but it is powerful.

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
There is an add-in for Mendeley that works in the Word app for iPad. It requires that you have online sync of Mendeley. Press the insert tab in Word and then press Add-in in the menu bar and then search and install Mendeley Cite. You will then be able to insert references and format references list in the Word App. It works the same as in the desktop Word /add-in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.