Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Friends In High Places

I know this sounds redundant, but please read on... I have a friend that is quite high in the Apple Hierarchy, and we have been friends for many years.

The reason I am telling you this is because he STILL won't tell me anything about future Apple endeavours, so to all the people that have "friends" in low Apple places... Don't believe any of what you hear, and only half of what you read. :)

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Re: Friends In High Places

Originally posted by steeleclipse
I have a friend that is quite high in the Apple Hierarchy, and we have been friends for many years. ... he STILL won't tell me anything about future Apple endeavours...

That's quite alright, steeleclipse, as long as he doesn't mind your passing on ideas from here to him! :cool: In fact, you might just suggest that someone from Apple troll this board for ideas and suggestions.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Well, I guess we'll know how credible this rumor is in a couple of days.
winky.gif

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
Unfortunately, he is not R&D.... :(

I must say... there are a lot of good ideas floating around macrumors.com, so I will let him know...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
my guess is a faster emac or imac and some deals on ram and/or peripherals with all macs

just a few minutes left, so i will check apple.com and see what's up

ok, just got back from apple.com site and i don't see anything so i will check back at 9 a.m. pst later in the morning and see what is up

friday, the shopping season started so this weekend would be great to make a big push with imac and emac or even a new product

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by dongmin
I love threads that begin with "my freind who works for ..."
I really like the threads that start with "My friend is such an idiot, last night when we were out partying he ..."

Those stories are almost always as entertaining as the ones that begin

You won't believe this.

We got an Apple employee so wasted last night, he spilled his guts about the upcoming machines in January.

Here's what he said ...

attachment.php

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Ahh...I did not like the apple event at all...only the 17" iMac, the iPod, Airport, Mac OS X.2, and .Mac were truly discounted...but not less than my edu discount prices :( ...

Oh yeah. I got a magnet with Apple words on it...Wheeeeeeeeeee...:rolleyes:

Big Announcement? What BIG Announcement? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by Over Achiever
Ahh...I did not like the apple event at all...only the 17" iMac, the iPod, Airport, Mac OS X.2, and .Mac were truly discounted...but not less than my edu discount prices :( ...
This BIG Announcement is HUGE news, wait until the crack smoking rumor mongers get ahold of this.

Knowing them, they'll be predicting a new hardware/software annoncement when this sale ends. :rolleyes:

Based on this news we'll definitely have updates to the 17" iMac, the iPod, Airport, Mac OS X.2, and .Mac ;)

But for the life of me I wouldn't know what to make of .Mac - Maybe they're going to have a free version. ;)

[edit - excuse me while I rinse the smell of the BS off my shoes]

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
it's approximately 7:30 am pst so if i don't see anything by, let's say 10:00 am, then i will just wait for the next big announcement

a free .mac would not be bad

an os x, 10.3 or G4 ibook would blow my mind to no end but that won't likely happen until next summer

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, I haven't seen anything yet and its 10:30 EST - so this thread might have to die - hopefully by itself like any number that came before it......

D

mousemd

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2002
I can't believe that Apple would announce anything on Saturday. Anyway, I was at the Thanksgiving/post day sale...and like many others, I too was disappointed. I was hoping for the rumored "10%" off sale. I spoke with one of the sales guys who said I wasn't the only one. The funny thing was that he said that he would "match my educational discount" right then and there at the store. I laughed to myself...

Anyway, I what could Apple offer today? I was at the Soho store..anyone else there?

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by zimv20

i have a friend who works for Campbell's, and HE says the next mac will be filled with soup.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

syco

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2002
What about nVidia? Weren't they supposed to announce some new chipset for the Mac today?

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
The BIG announcement was the Thanksgiving sale. It's funny how worked up we get over nothing. :)

Gus

Micho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2002
Sorry my friends

the big event was some stupid thanksgiving t shirt give away (if you get the apple store news letter for colorado you read about it) pretty damn stupid i know. once again sorry no more **** ball info of that nature i pormise.
peace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.