Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baby Jai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
NJ
well i installed windows 7 via bootcamp here is my dilemma, for some reason, the machine seems to think it only has windows 7 on it. I cannot hold alt down, when boot, it does nothing. Windows continues to boot. I have even tried removing the drive that windows was on and it says no boot disk. I know I didnt overwrite the drive with MAC on it, god im hoping i didnt. I formated the drive labeled bootcamp when i instaleld the Windows 7. I dont know whats goin gon, holding shift on boot after beep does nothing at all. The biggest concern is the ONLY operating system I can use right now is windows 7, thats it. I need help asap pleas

EDIT: just wanna give a heads up, I went ahead and went into windows put in the mac disk and installed bootcamp from the disk, apparently for some reason when i installed windows, it earased the part that apple had put on there. So with that being said, the issue was actually the bootcamp not being put on the disk, so it thought that windows was the only operating system.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.