Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Iconchamp is working like a charm, really impressed! You don't even have to log out and in again, it just restart the finder and the dock... it's instantaneous! Really, really happy of my purchase!

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Has this been mentioned? Was looking around for apps earlier today and then came up InerziaIcon

Image from the MAS landing page
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 14.46.35.png

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I tested , it's good to organize, but doesn't change system icons.
No, I figured as much from the description. I just thought about the many who wanted an application, like CandyBar, that could hold their icons and tag icons.

I will try the app around the 1st of May when income allow it. I'll see how it does it for me.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Iconchamp, the paid version works very well, without code and just drag and drop:
Hi... I have paid and downloaded Iconchamp back in April, but now the app crashes ... it's not possible to re-download it not to contact the support (which I tried many times) without any feedback. Do you guys know what's going on with the Mac-enhance company? Hope it did not fade away and closed down for good!

Riku7

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2014
Good news, on April 30, IconChamp differentiates itself from other Icon theming apps because it's the only app on the market that lets you theme system items on Big Sur. It also lets you theme System Items while keeping System Integrity Protection enabled and works all the way back to Mavericks!
Hmm, as I'm looking at this now (for the first time ever), it says that it requires OS 11, and:

Will IconChamp work on macOS versions 10.15 and below?

No. IconChamp does not run on macOS 10.15 and below.

Sep 28, 2020
Hmm, as I'm looking at this now (for the first time ever), it says that it requires OS 11, and:

Will IconChamp work on macOS versions 10.15 and below?

No. IconChamp does not run on macOS 10.15 and below.
For me, always working in Big Sur and now perfectly in Monterey.

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
Hello, (google translate translation from French, my apologies) here is my feedback on this very promising utility ...

I bought a license at the beginning of April 2021 for version 0.5.1: in return, I received a download link for the cDock utility! ... It didn't start well! ... I have since installed the very last version of November (1.0.1) taking the precaution to remove all traces (system files and other caches ...) of previous versions for a “clean” installation.

The functions of IconChamp are very appreciable, because I find the design of the icons of mac OS Big Sur perfectible and little to my taste in fact. Unfortunately, on my configuration (see below), the utility is not stable. I just have to turn off my external screen and turn it on again for some icons to resume their original look. When starting a session, folder icons often revert to their original design. And quitting Safari causes it to lose its personalized icon.

Obviously there are much more important things going on in the world right now, but it's a shame that this editor hasn't consolidated their utility better to make it work flawlessly. In addition, that I have sent several messages without ever having received any feedback from him. Really too bad, but hey ...

Another thing, I noticed that IconChamp creates a system folder (/ Users / Shared / IconChamp) of an inordinate size. On my mac, it could have weighed up to 1.9 GB! ...

I hope that macenhance will continue to work on its utility, because unfortunately mac OS is more and more closed to all customizations. In any case, congratulations to this editor for having found a trick to bypass the system. Bravo again! ...

My config: Mac Mini M1 16GB - BenQ PD2700U UHD 4K screen connected to HDMI - mac OS Big Sur 11.6.2

• Sad
Reactions: Riku7

quizzzz

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2022
Good news, it's back! The author states that the latest release works on Big Sur and Monterey.

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
I performed a clean install in Monterey latest version (12.4) on my Mac Mini M1 and IconChamp works perfectly. Just, the Finder icon goes back to its original design if I turn off my screen (BenQ PD2700U UHD 4K), but on reboot, my personal Finder icon comes back.

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
Hello, has anyone installed IconChamp on one of the latest beta versions of Ventura and if so, does it work correctly?... Thank you for your feedback... ;-)

Sep 28, 2020
Hello, has anyone installed IconChamp on one of the latest beta versions of Ventura and if so, does it work correctly?... Thank you for your feedback... ;-)
Salut! (google translate translation from French) iconChamp works fine but cDock doesn't work for now in Ventura.

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
Hello, I just updated my Mac Mini M1 to macOS Ventura (13.2). IconChamp works well... except for the Finder icon which is not modified!... A solution?... And still no update of IconChamp since its very old version 1.0.1 which dates from November 2021!... And no response from the publisher macEnhance?... Too bad. :(

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
By chance, I was researching IconChamp, the utility having not been updated since April 2021... and I came across the Github of Jeremy Legendre, one of the founders of macEnhance.
The programmer seems to continue the development of IconChamp: it is a very good thing.

https://github.com/jslegendre/appcast/tree/master/IconChamp

The latest version (1.2.2) is a few days old. It works perfectly on my Mac (macOS Ventura 13.3.1(a) - Mac Mini M1 16GB). The Safari icon is taken into account, but the Finder icon is ignored and therefore cannot be customized.
Of course, the pro license is fully recognized with version 1.2.2: all functions are therefore available.

• Love
Reactions: allan.nyholm

Lyvian

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2021
France
cdock: interesting!...
Thank you allan.nyholm
Is cDock now compatible with macOS Ventura?...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.