Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
As some of you may know, I'm out here in Collifornia doing a spec shoot for a magazine, which basically means I prolly won't get the project, but I put up the money to do it, so I'll be broke, but I'm having a good time.

Anyway, it is luckily not warm here and that keeps the fog away. Had a nice shot of "my" waterfall last night. (Caveat: I'm working on my iBook with its abysmal display, so forgive any color problems.)

Enjoy:

Image-946786F8B27711D9.jpg

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Wow! Thats a great picture!

I went with my parents to Big Sur last year...

We stayed at the Big Sur River Inn and it was a pretty... awkward hotel/motel/inn, whatever. But we only were in Big Sur for 1 night so we stayed there

Applespider

macrumors G4
Completely OT - but just as I clicked on this, my iPod (on shuffle) got to the Chili Peppers 'Road Trippin' with the line 'In Big Sur, we take some time to linger on'

I remember playing the 'Californication' album last time I drove the PCH in my rented red Pontiac Firebird convertible - still makes me grin everytime I hear it or see pics of the coast. :D

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
*Understands more and more why he needs to run the Big Sur marathon!*

Nice pic, iGary. I hope you get to meet Steve Jobs randomly on the next leg of your trip. :D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mkrishnan said:
*Understands more and more why he needs to run the Big Sur marathon!*

That's the other reason I'm out here. ;)

It's my second one, and yes, you need to run it. My first Big Sur was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm back for more.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
iGary said:
As some of you may know, I'm out here in Collifornia doing a spec shoot for a magazine, which basically means I prolly won't get the project, but I put up the money to do it, so I'll be broke, but I'm having a good time.

Nice picture. I live about half an hour away from there. (Approximately, I'm not really sure where that is) Good luck in the marathon.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Applespider said:
Gary... having glanced at the course on the marathon's website, I'm in awe! I think I'd be gone by Hurricane Point regardless of training, particularly when I see there's a 5 1/2 hour timelimit.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much.

Hurricane Point is rough, but the worst part of the marathon are the 6 miles of rolling hills at the end. For real.

I'm off to the aquarium to watch the sea otters :p .

I'll post more pics tonight. :D

Thanks for looking. :)

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
I think that is Julia Pfeiffer State Park.
I used to live in Santa Cruz and went camping at Pfieffer State Campgrounds (a different place, farther north) many times.

That area is probably one of the most beautiful I have ever been to. I love it out there.

Enjoy your time there. If you happen to get a good picture of the coast, looking south, from just after the big bridge (something creek..) I would love to see it (and use it for my desktop!)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jayb2000 said:
I think that is Julia Pfeiffer State Park.
I used to live in Santa Cruz and went camping at Pfieffer State Campgrounds (a different place, farther north) many times.

That area is probably one of the most beautiful I have ever been to. I love it out there.

Enjoy your time there. If you happen to get a good picture of the coast, looking south, from just after the big bridge (something creek..) I would love to see it (and use it for my desktop!)

Bixby Creek.

I'll post it tonight.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Daveway said:
Hey Gary can you upload some high rez pics of your trip? These would make exellent desktops.

I'll put some on my site later tonight, but they'll only be at 72 dpi, can't have folks trying to sell my stuff, but yeah, when I get back from shooting tonight I'll put some stuff on my server - happy to.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Nice bridge pic!

But those power lines and contrail - bleh, what a pain. You taking them out in photoshop?

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
mkrishnan said:
Is that bridge pic morning light or evening light? I know you said the first one was evening. The richness of the hues...gah. :D

Its on the west coast, so I would imagine that's evening light....otherwise, that's some wild place out in California :D

D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Daveway said:
Amazing & Perfect if it is brought into PS to get the powerlines and jet trail out of course. ;)

Yep, it was in the evening. I got some more today, and yeah, the lines are coming out in PS. :)

I will try and get some stuff up tonight or tomorrow. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, and I'm supposed to take it easy (day before the marathon) but I'll get some more stuff up, and hopefully get a few full size pics up for screensavers. :D

The weather Gods look like they are gonna hold of on raining for Sunday. :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mr. Anderson said:
Its on the west coast, so I would imagine that's evening light....otherwise, that's some wild place out in California :D

Well, it could be part of a bay or something, so that the directions are messed up! *looks at shadows and feels dumb* :D

*does a prayer and a sun dance for iGary*

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
mkrishnan said:
Well, it could be part of a bay or something, so that the directions are messed up! *looks at shadows and feels dumb* :D

Yes it could be a peninsula, but I know a little bit about the area and know that it couldn't be there....

D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Nice images. I missed the far off one of bixby last week, but got McWay Cove at around 4pm so the water was real nice.

Really nice work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.