Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'd imagine something like dark mode would be at the top of the list for many here.

On the other hand, it seems (if I'm reading it all correctly) there are now options to uninstall stock apps, which is one of the things that would get brought up here fairly often, and yet it doesn't seem like there's much discussion about it all.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
That would go against Apple's philisophy of "your personal device". Besides, Apple wants everyone in the family to have their own iDevice not share one. :)

It would be nice if they added a kid mode though.
I had high hopes going back to Mark Gurman's pre-WWDC '15 leaks, which were very accurate, and also said multiple accounts were coming but probably delayed till iOS 10. When the education feature arrived in 9.3 I hoped it was a trial for home use in iOS 10. Call me stupid but if I'm honest I'm still holding out for it in a point release, even if it does seem against their philosophy.

I think one device per person certainly makes sense for watch and iPhone, but iPad sits somewhere between those personal devices and macs (which have multiple accounts of course). Ah well :)

Reactions: QuarterSwede

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I had high hopes going back to Mark Gurman's pre-WWDC '15 leaks, which were very accurate, and also said multiple accounts were coming but probably delayed till iOS 10. When the education feature arrived in 9.3 I hoped it was a trial for home use in iOS 10. Call me stupid but if I'm honest I'm still holding out for it in a point release, even if it does seem against their philosophy.

It's not an unreasonable request to be honest with you.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
They really didn't hi light the iPad at WWDC at all... Really disappointing considering the new iPad Pros

mikemch16

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013
Joint accounts for iCloud Photo Library with my wife. I don't want to have a separate library and I don't want to pay for iCloud storage twice for the same photos. Also full quality/resolution sharing with iCloud Photo Library to friends and family. The lack of these features is infuriating...

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
PIP/Split View on iPhone 6s Plus - Yeah, there is not much space like an iPad but can still work portrait and landscape. Very possible and would have been nice.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Activity or the Health app telling me what time I fell asleep last night.
Should be easy recording my last user-input.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
They totally teased us with the dark mode in the Apple TV. Somehow they'll make dark mode be compatible with only the iOS devices that support the true-tone display...

Reactions: Statusnone88

dsjr2006

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Metro Detroit
  • PIP would be nice for the 6+/6s+
  • Peer to peer Apple pay would be nice
  • Ability to better protect/hide certain photos, very limited feature right now
  • Music control center app dependent functionality, would like to be able to Thumbs Up in Pandora for example
  • Optimize Photos, wish it was more transparent with what it's doing for advanced users
  • Ability to choose if dictation & Siri go through handset mic or bluetooth car/headset
  • iMessage export (PDF,CSV,XML?)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I feel that a lot of the anticipated features will be shown in September (most probably exclusive to the iPhone 7/7Plus).
There will likely be some exclusive features, but it's not likely that it will be "a lot of" them.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
There will likely be some exclusive features, but it's not likely that it will be "a lot of" them.

One or two exclusives. One thing to note is that this is beta 1. Apple could add dark mode and maybe other features in the next few months in beta's 3-4. One feature that stood out is the handwriting is iMessage. Could that be a potential for Apple Pencil support on iPhone, perhaps a handwriting keyboard... Maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.