Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nburwell

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 6, 2008
DE
I have been using the Prism iOS app on my phone for years and it’s been great. I opened the app up this morning and saw a banner announcement that the app is shutting down in February 2024. It’s been a minute since I scoured the App Store for bill reminder apps. Are there any apps you recommend? I don’t mind paying, especially since it’s an app I use pretty frequently.

TIA!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
@nburwell I use Bobby to keep track of my subscriptions. Not sure if that's what you had in mind though, because it doesn't seem as fully-featured as the prism app you are using (going by its screenshots).

Reactions: nburwell

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
You might check the website of your financial institution; my credit union has a simple and clear "Bill Reminder" built right into the "Bill Pay" page; I don't have to mess around with/pay for a separate app, plus its guaranteed not to ever "shut down", as your app developer did.

nburwell

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 6, 2008
DE
And along this line, Reminders? Especially if not needing bill pay functionality. Been using Reminders for ages for this.

I was thinking about this as I have reminders setup already for recurring stuff.

@Abazigal thanks for recommending Bobby. I’ll going to check it out.

venux92

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
@nburwell You could try BillOut, it does not provide a way to directly pay your bills as Prism did but it will definitely reminds you =) if this is only what you are after.

Reactions: nburwell

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I enter all my bills directly into my online Banking app, and set a payment memo date close enough to the due date.
Not only do I have to type the bill data only once, but also I have no need for an extra app.

nburwell

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 6, 2008
DE
@nburwell You could try BillOut, it does not provide a way to directly pay your bills as Prism did but it will definitely reminds you =) if this is only what you are after.

Appreciate this! Going to d/l and look into this as I haven’t found something similar to Prism, which I really like.

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
I personally use Apple Calendar for these types of things. On the Mac version there is a lot of flexibility in alert types. Apple Reminders is awesome too for this as an alternate option, but for bills and subscriptions, I like having a "Birds Eye" view on a monthly basis, with a custom colour, repeat, and alert system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.