Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaswift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
My X had a swollen battery so I took it into the Apple Store today. I expected to have to pay for a new battery and repair since I am long out of my warranty. The battery was so swollen that the screen had separated from the body on the entire left side of the phone. The Genius took a look at it and said that it would be 'too dangerous' to replace so offered me a replacement phone for the cost of a battery repair ($89 -- I am in Canada). So my plans for a new phone are on hold since I really don't see the compelling reason to upgrade from an X to a 12. But Apple will get my business in the future, that's for sure. Kudos to Apple.

Nextup12

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2018
Apple’s after sale service is part of the reason I stay loyal, they are second to none in my opinion.

Reactions: jazz1

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
They’ve gotten a little more stingy in the last couple of years, so I’m glad to see stories like this one. I’ve only had a couple of misses with the Genius Bar but the overwhelming majority have been superior to any other customer service experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.