Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Hi all,

Can anyone offer some solid advice on the best way to produce a vector, monotone graphic from a bitmap source (JPEG) that would work for graphics used in T shirt printing?

I can't seem to find any really decent help on this!

Thanks,

Al

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
If time is of the essence and you still want a good result, try the Illustrator plug-in -- Silhouette.

There's a fully functional demo there.

From experimentation, a little tweaking in Pshop to get the levels right, bring it into Illustrator, run this over it and the results can be pretty stunning.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Blue Velvet said:
If time is of the essence and you still want a good result, try the Illustrator plug-in -- Silhouette.

There's a fully functional demo there.

From experimentation, a little tweaking in Pshop to get the levels right, bring it into Illustrator, run this over it and the results can be pretty stunning.

Thanks BV, this looks like it could work a treat. The graphics I'm using are solid too so not as complex as those videos' examples.

This has so far been a real barrier to my initial ideas so thanks for your help. I'll check back in on this with the progress!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.