Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ggvfvgbffbf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Manchester, England
Ok, so owned 2 HomePods (in stereo) for approx a year. I’ve always said “hey Siri, stop everything/everywhere” to shut them off. Since the latest software update I get a response “the destination is on the left, (UNINTELLIGIBLE) .com“.

Anyone else?

UK based.

Reactions: Dave.Inwood1988

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I know this is a serious question that you'd like to get solved, but it's hard not to have a bit of a laugh at yet another weird Siri response. Maybe she's directing you toward your kitchen for a bite to eat. 🤷‍♀️

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Ok, so owned 2 HomePods (in stereo) for approx a year. I’ve always said “hey Siri, stop everything/everywhere” to shut them off. Since the latest software update I get a response “the destination is on the left, (UNINTELLIGIBLE) .com“.

Anyone else?

UK based.

Just say "Hey Siri, stop" or "Hey Siri, pause" and it will do what you want.

Ggvfvgbffbf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Manchester, England
Seems to have been fixed. But it’s a game of whack-a-mole with Siri.

If you’re still watching Apple please can you stop her replying “there’s nothing playing on this HomePod” when I ask her to “turn off the kettle”. Thanks.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Seems to have been fixed. But it’s a game of whack-a-mole with Siri.

If you’re still watching Apple please can you stop her replying “there’s nothing playing on this HomePod” when I ask her to “turn off the kettle”. Thanks.
Apple employees don't officially monitor Macrumors forums. You can always give Apple direct feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/.

Last edited:

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I really wish Apple would focus more on her and get her up-to-date with the rest of the digital assistants. I really like Siri, but she’s just too quirky to depend on for more than basic tasks.

Bogstandard

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2018
Mid West
I was watching a vid on u-choob that featured a yorkshireman. After about 20 minutes of his dialog, the right channel homepod became quite strident and repeatedly demanded that I turn on the personalisation feature of the homepod as well as repeatedly demanding that I identify myself. I was surprised by the heated nature of the siri.
The demands went on for 30 seconds.
The personalisation feature had be previously activated on both homepods.
listening for "hey siri" seems to be an understatement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.