Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
UK
:mad:
I have just installed Windows on my 24" Imac. It appears to have installed OK but, I am now unable to boot into Mac OS. I have pressed the Option key (the key with the apple on it?) on start up but the machine boots into Windows each time. The screen with the dual boot option does not appear.

Help!!

Helto:mad: :confused:

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I am no expert, But on my Macbook Pro, the "option" key is just to the left of the Control or "key with the Apple on it"

Perhaps you are pressing the wrong key :confused:

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
Isn't there a control panel in Windows equivalent to the "startup disk" preference pane, from where you can choose the mac partition?

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
helto said:
I have just installed Windows on my 24" Imac. It appears to have installed OK but, I am now unable to boot into Mac OS. I have pressed the Option key (the key with the apple on it?) on start up but the machine boots into Windows each time. The screen with the dual boot option does not appear.

Help!!

Are you holding the key long enough? It's the key that says "alt" and "option," too. :)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
helto said:

Help!!

Option key is the one next to the Apple key, also called Alt on Windows keyboards.

It's the Option/Alt key, not the Apple key.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Do UK keyboards have the same labels?

 ⌘ is the Command key.
⎇ or the one that's labeled option/alt is the option key.

Also you need to make sure to hold it down at the very beginning of the startup process, the window (no pun intended) of opportunity can pass quickly.

helto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
UK
Bl***y Windows

Thanks for your replies everyone. I will try again when I get home from work tonight.

Regards

Helto

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.