Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dKran

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Well i'm new to the whole computer gaming thing, after being a console gamer for a long time, i recently purchased a Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2.33ghz, 2GB Ram, 256MB Ati X1600). I purchased Black and White 2 today, and installed it using bootcamp, and when there is more than about 15 characters onscreen, it really starts to chug. Are there drivers i need to update, or something i can to to optimize performance, i have the resolution set to 1440x900, and detail on medium. I'm just wondering cause i see people saying that even newer games work great on high, so why should this one slow down on medium?
thanks for the help!

afornander

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
listen to me when i say, Black and White 2 is a Power Hog!!!! its hard to get high framerates on it without a REALLY high end COMP.:eek:

i see people saying that even newer games work great on high, so why should this one slow down on medium?

this is true, i play HL2 with MAX settings (17"-2.00-C2D-Radeon X1600 128MB-1gb memory) and it runs well:cool:, some games just take a lot of power, take Oblivion for example.

dKran

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Well, i installed the two patches that are available, both with said they had better support for newer ATI chipsets (which i guess this was at the time), and it plays much better.
Thanks for the reply anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.