Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Hello all,
On occasion when I look at my apple watch its screen will only display in black and white.
I am currently running a beta, but the issue I believe was present before I did put the beta on the device. When it is grey, it will only be on the physical screen taking a screenshot will display in color as if nothing has changed. So the only way to capture it is with my iPhone camera.
Also, when it is showing gray and you go into AW App>Settings> Accessibility Greyscale is not toggled, nor does toggling it change the display of the watch.

I suppose my question is this: has anyone else had to deal with this? Does it seem to be an issue with the beta only? Or rather is it what I suspect, hardware failure inside the watch?

I have attached these shots below to show the problem:
IMG_1042.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1046.PNG IMG_1047.PNG

ljparis

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
British Columbia
Yep had exactly the same problem. Took care of it by resetting the watch and installing from a backup, and have not had the problem since.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Yep had exactly the same problem. Took care of it by resetting the watch and installing from a backup, and have not had the problem since.
Ok I will do that and hopefully it will fix it!

Makes me think they've been tinkering with firmware a bit on the OLCD in these betas. Wonder why. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.