Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Might as well start a separate thread.

Post the weekend deals here (are they available in other countries?).

Looks like Sony has 1 up'd MS - their PS4 deals started today:

PS4 1TB System: $199
PSVR Systems: $199 (old one? Headset only), $299 (newer one with HDR pass-thru? and Camera).

I had paid $300 after trades for my headset alone. $440 to get a PS4 and headset and camera (if you buy it separate) is an awesome deal to get started in VR!

Xbox One S: $189 bundles start Thursday

Also, what you picked up on sale would be cool to see!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Not really a console deal, but something you plug your console in to :) I just purchased the LG OLED55C7V which has now dropped by a further £200 in the UK, from £1699 to £1499

Looking forward to hooking the Scorpio up to it.

Reactions: Sensamic

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Not really a console deal, but something you plug your console in to :) I just purchased the LG OLED55C7V which has now dropped by a further £200 in the UK, from £1699 to £1499

Looking forward to hooking the Scorpio up to it.

Changed the title for ya!

Also, I want to add that I was just at the MS Store, and their deals have already begun.

I looked and OMG - MS MR headsets are on massive sale! (Tempting). They are $50 - $100 off!!!

Gotta see if there's any "rumor" that MS will add these to the Xbox - they could with just a "flip of a switch"... ;)

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Be sure and check out CAG thread here:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365083-black-friday-2017-the-epic-master-thread/

At top of thread is a link to a google spreadsheet listing all of Black Friday game related sales.

I ordered the PSVR Skyrim bundle for $349 (Headset v2 with HDR pass-through, Game, Motion Controllers and Camera). I just hope it doesn't give me motion sickness ;-)

Not sure what else I will get. I've got a 20% off PSN coupon I plan to use if some good games go on sale. They have some game titles already on sale via early access, but none of those games interest me. Hopefully they add a bunch more stuff. I'll probably put it towards some DLCs and such.

The only game I'm really interested in getting right now is Cuphead. I've got a $5 off coupon on XBOX that M$ sent me out of the blue (check your notifications on your XBOX console, this was never emailed), so I will likely put it towards that even though that game is not going on sale on the M$ Store.

Newegg does have Cuphead right now for digital download for $18: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832397767&ignorebbr=1 if anyone is looking to pick that up.

I've got some Nintendo Store Credit burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm not expecting anything to go on sale from them.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Well, my LG OLED turned up today and all I can say is OMG!!

I have the LG 47" 3DTV and went to the OLED55C7V and I'm gobsmacked. 4K and HDR are fecking awesome.

You've not seen anything until you've seen a Scorpio running Rise of the Tomb Raider in 4K HDR. Need to try Forza 7 and Gears 4 next.

Reactions: Sensamic

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Went shopping on Friday - the stores were more or less just busy.

I guess people shop on Thursday now... :eek:

Watching the news on Thursday night, the reporter was at a TRU, and she said there were no lines for that store and only a few people inside.

The TRU I was at Friday was just "normal holiday weekend" busy. I guess it's over for them. :(

Plenty of Consoles as those where Manufacturer's sales so people that just wanted those shopped during Friday.

I tried to get Rayman Legends at GS, they sold out on Thursday. I went to Amazon, and Amazon said you had to join "Amazon Fresh" to get the deal.

What's up with that?

Skipped it anyways - bought a bunch of cool Steam Indie Games... :)

bnx

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Only picked up (gaming wise):

Uncharted 4 $15.00
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition $54.99

Both on Amazon.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Only picked up (gaming wise):

Uncharted 4 $15.00
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition $54.99

Both on Amazon.

Steam has Middle-Earth GoTY edition for like, $9.99. As well as a ton of games until the 28th.

Also, peep should pick up a Steam Link for $4.99 with Controller would be $34.63. Granted, I think there's a 3 week backlog last I read but still worth the saving.

Personally, I grabbed the Steam Link/Controller (nothing else, I'll gift it to a friends hubby for Xmas). A few games, and Nvidia Shield thingamabob. May grab an xbox (no consoles here unless you count the PS2 I just found in the basement) just to have and play with SO.

Far as in-store... Tried going to Macy's Thursday since they advertised they were opened from 5pm-2am... and they were not. So, went back home and drank instead! ;)

bnx

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Steam has Middle-Earth GoTY edition for like, $9.99. As well as a ton of games until the 28th.

Shadow of War is the newest game that released a month ago. Shadow of Mordor GoTY is the older game.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
So, my list of deals:

LG OLED55C7V for £1500, down from £1700

Razer Kraken v2 gaming headset for £53 instead of £79.99 - Boy's Xmas Present

HyperX Cloud II gaming headset for £49.99 instead of £85 - For me :)

Xbox Elite Controller + Forza 7 bundle for £99.99 instead of £119.99 controller and £45 game (already had Forza 7 which I'd paid £41 for a few weeks back, so returned the sealed one from this deal with my original receipt and got £41 refunded lol)

Logitech G920 wheel and stick bundle for £153 instead of £219 wheel/pedals + £49 stick - My Xmas present from Wifey :)

Schweet!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.