Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Apple should ship the Black iPod Nano with black headphones. What do you think?

Sony also shipped the PSP with white headphones/remote but have released black ones now after many requests.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The iPod Mini never shipped with matching earphones either. Plus, the white earphones have become pretty iconic and synonymous with the iPod brand. Apple clearly likes people to be seen with their player, even if you can't see the player itself.

But yes, they would look very snazzy.

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
You'll be wanting to dump the average-sounding Apple items for a pair of Sennheisers anyway. They now do a white pair for those who insist on the 'iPod look'.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I am sick of seeing OTHER white headphones from Sony, Creative, and now Disney MP3 Players.

I think they could get by if they made Black headphones with white cords for the black Nano or U2 :)

image.php

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
jamesW135 said:
I think that the white headphones are the best.

Given news reports that indicate that people are mugged and killed because of the white ear buds, it makes sense from a safety and looks basis for Apple to offer with black iPods, and as an option black ear buds.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
The Apple earbuds really are not that bad. Besides, they are free with the player.

Agree that black would be nice.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
NickElls said:
Yeah. It's called "mug-me white"

There is a lot of truth in that. A few weeks ago while returning from work on the subways, I saw a teenager grab an iPod mini out of the hands of a woman in her 40's.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
The explosive growth in the area of every imaginable iPod accessory is astounding. It shouldn't be too long before there is special emphasis on catering to the affluent crowd. I can see the Rodeo Drive Ultimate iPod Emporium opening soon.

JMT529

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2004
SoCal
It would be great if Apple shipped matching earbuds. But if you think about it, almost any non-apple headphones you find will be black, so it's not hard to find a replacement for these.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
JMT529 said:
It would be great if Apple shipped matching earbuds. But if you think about it, almost any non-apple headphones you find will be black, so it's not hard to find a replacement for these.

Call it the iPod effect, but more and more earbuds are coming in white.

Apple may be missing an extra profit opportunity for the nano at least by not offering a black lanyard for the black nano.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
The white headphones are getting tired and old, plus as man¥ have mentioned it makes it an easy target for others to envy and result to stealing.

Having matching headphones would look nice, however that would eventually result to the same issue at hand, it will make it only marginally difficult to conclude if the user has a PSP, Nano, iPod, etc...

Not sure if much can be resolved as far as envy goes in this situation. :)

xy14

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
Anyone have a picture of a Nano or 5g iPod (BLACK ONLY) with the white headphones? I have searched everywhere to see what they look like but to no satisfaction.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I use a pair of Sennheiser ear buds - they sound so much better than the white ones and nobody knows you're carrying an iPod - not that it's much of a problem round here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.