Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA

Their a GREAT Deal! Just got mine 2 weeks ago. It was listed with one gig of RAM yet when I got it it had 2 Gig. Gotta Love it!
Lastly this Macbook looks brand new and I defy anyone that sees it to be able to tell any different!
I was hesitant to buy a refurb. Not any more! Since then I also bought a refurb new model blue tooth keybd for my iMac and a bluetooth mouse for my macbook and both of them also work great and look new!

The black macbook refurb is a great deal and damn near 1/3 off the price of a new one!

I guess you can tell that IM very pleased with mine! ;)

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
I bought mine last week when they were listed in the store. I'll get it Thursday. Can't wait to replace my 12" PowerBook :)

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Their a GREAT Deal! Just got mine 2 weeks ago. It was listed with one gig of RAM yet when I got it it had 2 Gig. Gotta Love it!

i bought mine the week the refurb prices came down. before the update i was looking into the core duo model for $899, but the $1049 blackbook was too good of a deal to pass up. like you, mine came with 2 gb of ram making it an even better deal. unbelievable! :)

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Gaelan, the 1049 is the last Santa Rosa update. The 999 was the update before that. Both were in the refurb store last week.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I received my refurb black Macbook last week- got the $1049 2.2 SR model. I have put 4 gb of ram in it, and it really flies. It's just like new, perfect display (best that I've ever used on a laptop). Really happy!

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
That model has been in the refurbs for a while now I think. I thought you were talking about the new one, that would have been quick.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
I'm really considering getting my first mac soon and want it to be a blackbook. I know the $1,049 is a great deal but how long should I expect it to be until the new pneryn are in the refurb stores? 3 months maybe? But I did hear that the new ones do not provide any major speed bumps or anything...the refurb is looking better and better

Lazernet

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Fairfield, NJ
I'm really considering getting my first mac soon and want it to be a blackbook. I know the $1,049 is a great deal but how long should I expect it to be until the new pneryn are in the refurb stores? 3 months maybe? But I did hear that the new ones do not provide any major speed bumps or anything...the refurb is looking better and better

Don't forget that it includes an apple remote too! ;-)...

Honestly, order that, pump it up to 4 GB of RAM and you'll be good to go!

- Eric

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
Don't tempt me anymore!!! I don't have enough money yet. Jeez I want this thing so bad. I need macrumors rehab or all the money I don't have I will have spent!

GOPboi

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
Valhalla
the Refurbished MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Black is back in the refurb store!

mine is ready to ship, i can't wait!

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
the Refurbished MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Black is back in the refurb store!

mine is ready to ship, i can't wait!

Yeah I know the excitement and now the tracking of your macbook begins--))))))

Let us know when ya get it. IM excited for ya--)) I just went rhrough this a few weeks ago. I was sorry I didn't pay a few extra bucks for faster shipping. I will from now on as the tracking torture was killing me--)) Best of luck and hope ya get it fast! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.