Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dancuprar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
I am about to purchase my first Apple Watch. A series 4 44mm SS version as I am always busy DIYing etc so feel the extra money for the sapphire screen would be well spent.

My question is that I am edging towards the black version as I feel it looks better but I am concerned about scratches showing up more on the black than the silver model.

Can I ask for pictures and feedback please from people who have the SS models on how easy the metal sections scratch. From reading lots of posts it would appear that I don’t have to worry about the face getting scratched but I know I am bound to scratch the body.

Thanks

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I am about to purchase my first Apple Watch. A series 4 44mm SS version as I am always busy DIYing etc so feel the extra money for the sapphire screen would be well spent.

My question is that I am edging towards the black version as I feel it looks better but I am concerned about scratches showing up more on the black than the silver model.

Can I ask for pictures and feedback please from people who have the SS models on how easy the metal sections scratch. From reading lots of posts it would appear that I don’t have to worry about the face getting scratched but I know I am bound to scratch the body.

Thanks

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/space-black-ss-vs-silver-ss.2137260/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/black-or-silver-applewatch-wich-color-is-strongest.2146916/

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
I’ve had SBSS S0 since it came out and I don’t baby it. Not the first mark on he case or crystal. The DLC is pretty tuff stuff. I have a SBSS S4 coming in Monday. Can’t comment on the SS never had one but sounds like they do scratch easily but they say you can buff them out.

dancuprar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
I’ve had SBSS S0 since it came out and I don’t baby it. Not the first mark on he case or crystal. The DLC is pretty tuff stuff. I have a SBSS S4 coming in Monday. Can’t comment on the SS never had one but sounds like they do scratch easily but they say you can buff them out.

DLC?????

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
SBSS turned out to look A LOT better, to me, in person... But, SS gives you more band options..

If you like band varieties, SS .... if you only wear a couple of bands,that work with SB or you don't care about color matchup, SBSS!

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
I bought the S4 Black SS 44 mm and I looks amazing. I have accidentally banged the watch up against door facings and other hard objects and it still looks brand new out of the box. I took the black sport band off and replace it with the sport loop band before I left the Apple store. I love the look of the watch and the feel of the sport loop band that comes in several colors for the black SS watch.

Too bad you can't buy the watch and then pick the band of your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.