Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Not here
Hi.

I was trying to get a Bootcamped Win7 going on my machine and all I'm getting is the black screen blinking cursor problem when I boot from the install disk. It goes immediately to the black screen without any indication that the disk is being read at all.

Yes, I searched this forum and others and I found that there are many speculations as to cause and many solutions, seemingly every solution has at least one person that it worked for. I've tried several, such as burning a new disk, zapping PRAM, re-partitioning, booting off of a different install disk, and trying to boot off of two different vista disks. I also tried two different USB DVD drives (no internal due to RAID config). Additionally I tried both selecting boot drive by OPTION and in the Startup Disk control panel. None of this worked.

I had used a similar configuration in terms of disk for some time on my old 3/09 15" and never had a problem doing an install on it once I figured out what needed to go where. That is here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/676856/

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

johnnj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Not here
Swapping the optical drive back in for the Win7 installation and then back out when it was done solved the problem. The OSX RAID0 volume was intact when I put the other drive int he pair back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.