Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Not sure if these is black screen of death or something entirely different.
My Son’s 16 month old XS Max, He went to bed with phone alive. When he got up the screen was dead.
iphone is still powered on thou. Done a number of force restarts nothing.

I have now completed a DFU full restore and the screen is totally dead

Been to Apple today who basically said it’s a out of warranty repair at £326. they even commented that’s it’s flawless condition with zero damage and not been subjected to water immersion

Pretty annoyed that a iphone worth in excess of 1k and it’s fubar in less than 1.5 years

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Not sure if these is black screen of death or something entirely different.
My Son’s 16 month old XS Max, He went to bed with phone alive. When he got up the screen was dead.
iphone is still powered on thou. Done a number of force restarts nothing.

I have now completed a DFU full restore and the screen is totally dead

Been to Apple today who basically said it’s a out of warranty repair at £326. they even commented that’s it’s flawless condition with zero damage and not been subjected to water immersion

Pretty annoyed that a iphone worth in excess of 1k and it’s fubar in less than 1.5 years

Call them again and remind them of their obligations under British Consumer law:

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Sadly he isn’t the original owner and it wasn’t bought from Apple

Suppose I could get the original owner to go in to EE where the handset was bought

Yes, that would be the best cause of action in order to claim consumer law. I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Best success!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.