Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steelers559

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Hello! Had a question about my mac book pro, I took it into apple because the screen was black but on and the MBP had power it didnt make a sound but the keyboard lit up and the screen did as well it was just a black screen. I wxplained that to the apple guy helping me but he spent a total of 5minutes looking at it and tried powering it on it did not go on for him of course he squeezed the screen and got no response like you would when you squeeze any screen thats on and said i need a new screen that would be 500 dollars. I said no as to thats about half i paid for it and dont use it that much. But i took it home plugged it into the tv with an hdmi cord and it turned on and works fine when plugged into the tv but the screen is on and and black and if you squeeze it like the apple guy tried to you do get a response. I dont see how its a screen if the screen is powered on but just black? I never dropped it before either. Hope i could get some help! Sorry if theres already this type of thread out there but i just havent seen any with the same exact problem. Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.