Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeema

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Hello,
my mac got this issue 1 year ago it was on sierra and the tutorial solve the issue. after them last week i did hug mistake i did upgrade to high sierra so i got the same issue and i solved it by this tutorial

Follow the MikeyN Guide - page 35 - #875 - to move the AMDRadeonX3000.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions directory and do not freeze Macbook Pro (at 75% progress bar or "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3" message).

Rename old AMDRadeonX3000.kext and move new AMDRadeonX3000.kext after update - Page 57 - #1425

now its fixed and my mac working fine. but i have a new issue
there is a black screen with some text like terminal showing up before loginin and after shut down my mac
here is the video i record for the screen.

the black screen before the gray logo show >>

the black screen after i shutdown my mac >>

so please i need help to fix or hide those screens.
thanks a lot guys without you my mac would not been working now

nerowolfe19

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2018
Hello,
my mac got this issue 1 year ago it was on sierra and the tutorial solve the issue. after them last week i did hug mistake i did upgrade to high sierra so i got the same issue and i solved it by this tutorial

Follow the MikeyN Guide - page 35 - #875 - to move the AMDRadeonX3000.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions directory and do not freeze Macbook Pro (at 75% progress bar or "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3" message).

Rename old AMDRadeonX3000.kext and move new AMDRadeonX3000.kext after update - Page 57 - #1425

now its fixed and my mac working fine. but i have a new issue
there is a black screen with some text like terminal showing up before loginin and after shut down my mac
here is the video i record for the screen.

the black screen before the gray logo show >>

the black screen after i shutdown my mac >>

so please i need help to fix or hide those screens.
thanks a lot guys without you my mac would not been working now

start terminal and type, enter password if prompted and restart

sudo nvram boot-args=""

Reactions: Zeema
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.