Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeman24

Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Slight dilemma,

Im slightly confused which one to get, the blackbook or the lower range macbook pro.

These two machines are more and more becoming twins, with the only difference to be a dedicated graphics card and an extra 2". But are these two extra things worth the extra £400??

I do quite a bit of photography and do some graphic design in photoshop and illustrator. Ive asked around and been told the blackbook will be capable with photoshop so i should save my money. But i still got this voice in the back of my head shouting about the dedicated graphics card and the real estate. Are these two extra things worth the extra £400 or would i be comfortable with the Blackbook?

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
I'd say Blackbook.

The dedicated graphics card is nice -- but only necessary if you're doing heavy editing, such as Final Cut Pro, which even the Blackbook can handle.

Photoshop would run great on the blackbook. If you're worried about real estate, spend $200 and get a 24" monitor from dell then hook it up when your not mobile, and you'd still save $200.

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
I went for the blackbook if you're doing graphical intemive stuff like playing a lot of games and editing video and photos then the MBP bigger screen and much better graphics would be the way to if you're not get the MB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.