Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoopie273

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
I bought a new iphone 6S 18 months ago from a third party, and it worked perfectly, till i had some battery problems 1 month ago, that s why i decided it was time to have it restored.
After that, phone kept telling me that my sim card was not supported, and that i had to contact my operator, the thing i could not do because my phone came from UK ( i did some researches) .
At first i thought it was blacklisted , but with imeipro.info , i found it wasn't neither blacklisted nor lost/stolen.
So all of that made me go to a third party technician i don't know , who told me my phone was blacklisted.
Please should i trust him, i don't want to spend 100 dollar for nothing.
Thank you so much
(and i m sorry for my very bad english)

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
I can help you if you PM me. There's a lot of reason it can be blacklisted whether the original owner reported it lost, stolen, fraud, etc.

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe it was locked to a carrier and it's locked again to that carrier again. If the IMEI doesn't show that it's blacklist or stolen when you check it on that website. Then it's probably not stolen or blacklisted.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I make an appointment at you locate Apple Store and talk with a genius! They can tell you in detail what is wrong with your phone since they have a diagnosis iPad Mini device that can plug into you phone or have it a bluetooth connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newtons Apple

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
I make an appointment at you locate Apple Store and talk with a genius! They can tell you in detail what is wrong with your phone since they have a diagnosis iPad Mini device that can plug into you phone or have it a bluetooth connected.

You can’t go wrong with that idea. I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.