Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinDos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
I used now dosdudes Catalina patcher to be able to get trough Bootcamp and get a bootable USB stick for Windows 10.

I have now managed to boot and install Windows 10 but right after installing the drivers (from here: [https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en\_US](https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en_US)) i get a blackscreen.

This is a kind of common issue what i have read now, due to HD3000 integrated Graphics.

I read something that windows autodrivers kinda interfier, and disabling helps. But the tutorial seems old where he deleted some files in System32 directory, but there is no such file at my windows 10 installation.

And the other tutorials where about mac minis with dedicated GPUs by AMD, where they had to disable these or the HD3000. But in my case the Mac Mini Server edition has only a HD3000 integrated Graphics and no dedicated separate GPU.

Anyone an idea how i can process further?

Last edited:

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
Does it boot into Windows 10 safe mode? It could be better to install the latest drivers directly from the various manufacturers or everything but the display driver from bootcamp and use the latest HD3000 driver. Another option could be to try connecting an eGPU and install drivers for that.

MacinDos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
Yes i went in to safe mode and deleted igdkmd64.sys then i can boot with windows generic driver at least.
I tried to install intel official newest drivers for HD3000 but right while installing even i get a black screen again.

What I also read somewhere that Intel discontinued HD3000 and are not delivering any drivers for win 10 anymore.
Those are moments where i get inner hate against apple and intel, how hard they are kinda working to make my hardware obsolete.

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
I have the same model Mini. It would certainly be nice to be able to install Windows 10 on it and have it run well without needing an eGPU. However it is old hardware and Apple never officially supported running Windows 10 on it. I run Windows 10 on my 2011 iMacs (the iMac has a discrete GPU).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.