Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjones93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I'll attached several photos to better help explain what my issue is, but this is something I've had a problem with for the past week. Basically, I have duplicate songs/albums on my iPhone, but one of the albums is blank & can't be clicked on (best way I can describe it). For some of the duplicate blank songs they are showing up in places they shouldn't like a blank Eminem song appearing in a Bob Marley album. I've tried deleting the duplicates in the music app on the iPhone, deleting them from the storage in my iPhone, deleting them on iTunes then reinstalling & syncing my phone but so far no luck. Then today while continuing to fiddle around with it all I now noticed that blank spaces that can't be clicked on have also appeared in my iTunes library. Anyone else run into this bug before or have any solutions to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_7535.PNG
    IMG_7535.PNG
    247 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_7536.PNG
    IMG_7536.PNG
    301.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 1.19.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 1.19.15 PM.png
    277.9 KB · Views: 217

crf8

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2017
I have had iTunes stick a couple songs in wrong albums before, but they weren't blank.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Seems to be a corrupted media library on your phone. Any chance that you use Apple Music?

About the fix, I would recommend rebuilding Media Library from scratch. It solves 99% of weird bugs and glitches, and there's a way to do it without factory reset or iOS reinstall. You'll need iMazing (big Thanks to the iMazing sup team for this instruction), iTunes and some patience.

NOTE: This will delete your entire Media Library - all music in Music app, iTunes purchases and ringtones. Make sure to save any local music or videos that exist only on the device. Good news - other data should be kept untouched (0.2% for iOS glitch or PEBCAK is always present).

So here's what you need to do:

STEP ONE - DELETE THE LIBRARY
1. In iMazing sidebar, select your device's File System
2. In the File System view navigate to Media
3. Select the 'iTunes_Control' folder
4. Click the 'Delete' button in the bottom toolbar
5. Restart your device

STEP TWO - REBUILD THE LIBRARY WITH ITUNES
1. Open iTunes
2. You'll be prompted to choose between 'Setup as a New iPhone' or 'Restore from backup'. Select 'Setup as a New iPhone'. This will rebuild your library, but won't affect the rest of your data.

Now just resync music, everything should be OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.