Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Hello everyone, what can you say about my screen, is everything ok?

Last edited:

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
what can you say about my screen
It looks like an IPS panel with slightly more pronounced edge bleeding than average.

However, we don't know how you recorded it, if you have your camera gain turned up, or your camera contrast turned up, when you did those videos.

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
It looks like an IPS panel with slightly more pronounced edge bleeding than average.

However, we don't know how you recorded it, if you have your camera gain turned up, or your camera contrast turned up, when you did those videos.
is it worth making a return?
tempImageSfWHqG.jpg
tempImagew9vJsf.jpg
tempImage2ERhI8.jpg

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
This is waaaay worse than my M1 iMac; mine has no non-uniform bleed whatsoever. Its your choice to return, but if it bothers you then return the machine and get a new one.

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
This is waaaay worse than my M1 iMac; mine has no non-uniform bleed whatsoever. Its your choice to return, but if it bothers you then return the machine and get a new one.
can you take a picture please

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Here's a picture of my M1, showing an all-white image. The room is a bit bright but this maybe gives a ballpark idea of backlight uniformity. Doesn't look all that different from yours? This image below is kind of a torture test IMO and doesn't really reflect what it's like in day-to-day use.

IMG_4230.jpg

uller6

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
it also depends on the phone camera
Definitely. I took a picture of mine just now. My phone camera picks up some major non-uniformities, but I don’t see anything with my mk1 eyeball. The screen looks totally even unless through a camera. In person, the M1 iMac looks more uniform than my Pro Display XDR and LG 5ks.

Edit: picture taken with all black screen in low light mode with iPhone 15.

Attachments

• IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: VidBat

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Definitely. I took a picture of mine just now. My phone camera picks up some major non-uniformities, but I don’t see anything with my mk1 eyeball. The screen looks totally even unless through a camera. In person, the M1 iMac looks more uniform than my Pro Display XDR and LG 5ks.

Edit: picture taken with all black screen in low light mode with iPhone 15.
If you look around, you won't see it with your eyes? or just straight?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.