Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you about a new game: Block Soccer: Block to Goal.

It is a soccer game, but it does combine some physics. The purpose of the game is to score a goal, and you control the ball by blocking it. You block the ball by sliding your finger on the screen. It is easy to play, but you will never get bored of it. In the first version, your opponent is the computer.

Block Soccer is available for both iPhone and iPad devices, and it is free!

I am looking forward to your feedback.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0050.PNG
    IMG_0050.PNG
    677.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0054.PNG
    IMG_0054.PNG
    752.9 KB · Views: 96

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.1 is available for download, with the following features:

• Set the time period
  • Set the CPU response speed
  • Set the ball speed
Here is a youtube video from version 1.1

I am looking forward to your feedback

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,
I am pleased to inform you that version 1.2 is ready for download, with the following features:

• Minor UI changes
  • Fixes a bug that could cause the app to crash

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.3 is available for download:
  • In your first game against the CPU you have no control on the Ball and CPU speed. You need to win one game in order to control those two
  • Improve the algorithm for checking if there is a goal
  • Print the name of the Player and the CPU next to each goal post

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.5 is finally ready for download. This version has one new feature and one bug fix:
  • Play online game against other online players
  • Fixes a bug in the code that detects collision

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 1.7 is ready for download, with the following changes:
  • Option to delay Player's response: Default value is disabled, but you can select among the following values:
    • Disabled
    • Slow
    • CPU
    • Fast
  • Correct the position of the players name in a local game: The CPU name is positioned at the top of the screen
  • A small change in the code that detects the collision

Can you beat CPU at the following Player's response time?

Attachments

• IMG_0061.PNG
    IMG_0061.PNG
    884 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Sorry, but didn’t find that fun at all. Just tedious
Which part troubled you? Keep in mind that there is a small learning curve. At first try at CPU slow level, and then progress to the other levels

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform that version 1.8 is available for download. In this version we added a Leaderboard screen, which displays the points that each player has from playing a local game. The computation of these points is not straightforward, and we describe the algorithm that we use in the BlockSoccer's site.

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.0 is ready for download. In this version we focused on the online game. In particular, we allow one of the players to be momentarily offline. When this happens, the game will pause, and the other player will see a count down. When this count down ends, the game is terminated, and the player who was offline loses the game.

Thank you

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 2.4 is ready for download. In this version you added a long requested feature. Weather settings. You set the weather when the game starts, but you can also change it afterward, during the game. By default the weather is sunny, but you can set it to rainy, snowy, and windy. In the case of wind, you also control the direction of the wind. Lastly, you can modify the weather during a game.

You can learn more about the Weather settings, and how these affect the game at the BlockSoccer's site.

Thank you

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 3.0 is available for download. In this version we added the Challenges room, with 3 levels of difficulty!!
Can you score a goal faster than the other players?

Good luck!

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Hi, I gave the game a try on my iPad, and I liked it!

It's pretty simple (a little too much so?) but if you're bored and don't have anything else to rely on, Block Soccer makes for a good time-spender.

I have a few recommendations:

- The game doesn't have any sort of progression beside trying to earn a high score. It's similar to retro titles in one of the bad ways, it's fairly repetitive and if you become skilled at the game then there. Maybe it would benefit from a level system or a "story mode"?

- The graphics are also pretty simple, reminds me of a Google Doodle game. Maybe you should make some custom characters that have more expressive animations, to give the game it's own personality?

Reactions: Vasilis

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Hi, I gave the game a try on my iPad, and I liked it!

It's pretty simple (a little too much so?) but if you're bored and don't have anything else to rely on, Block Soccer makes for a good time-spender.

I have a few recommendations:

- The game doesn't have any sort of progression beside trying to earn a high score. It's similar to retro titles in one of the bad ways, it's fairly repetitive and if you become skilled at the game then there. Maybe it would benefit from a level system or a "story mode"?

- The graphics are also pretty simple, reminds me of a Google Doodle game. Maybe you should make some custom characters that have more expressive animations, to give the game it's own personality?
Thank you for your nice comments.
Have you tried to play a game at the difficult level? The one where you speed is the same with the CPU's speed or slower?
What do you mean with the story mode? I would like to hear more about this.
Lastly, have you tried the new Challenges room?

Vasilis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
During the Holidays we need to relax and play games. What a nice opportunity to compete against other players on the Block Soccer game with two new challenges. You can find more information about these new challenges at the BlockSoccer's site.

Attachments

• Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Plus - 2023-12-20 at 21.43.28.png
    Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Plus - 2023-12-20 at 21.43.28.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Plus - 2023-12-20 at 21.42.49.png
    Simulator Screenshot - iPhone 14 Plus - 2023-12-20 at 21.42.49.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.