Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Not sure if this is appropriate for the iPhone forum or here - so if the mods feel it needs to be moved then please do so.

I have had an iPhone 4 and just today changed carriers and got an iPhone 5s. On my old phone I had about 15-20 blocked phone numbers. They can all be seen in Settings - Phone - Blocked.

On the new phone only the latest 3 blocked numbers are listed.

Sure - I could manually enter each blocked number, but would like to know if there is a reason why only a few entries are shown, and if there is a way to get all of them transferred to the new phone.

mrsketch

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2013
I know blocked numbers are synced on my iPhone through iCloud. I restored and set up as new when 7.1 was released. after I signed into iCloud all of my blocked numbers came back.

Are you using the same Apple ID on both phones?

If your blocked numbers are blocked contacts you may need to add all of the services that are syncing your contacts (iCloud, Google, Exchange)

Here's the apple support document that explains blocking but I don't think it will be very helpful in this.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5845

RogersDA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Blocked numbers on the older iPhone 4 are spam/telemarketer calls - none in my contacts (which are cloud-based).

I use the same apple ID for both phones, and all my contacts are on the new phone. It just seems odd that the first three blocked numbers would transfer, but not the other 14 or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.