Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
When I first discovered Rapidweaver I was like wow, this is how web design should be, and then I discovered Blocs. This is what web design should be like, and is the future. I love everything about this app, slick and very minimalistic macOS like UI and so simple and elegant to use. With Adobe Muse and other WYSIWYG web design apps becoming more popular these days, I really hope the days of hand coding websites will be a thing of the past.

I've always imagined the day when we can create a website like we would use Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign to layout our ideas and creativity.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I really hope the days of hand coding websites will be a thing of the past.
Why?

I think many people still love producing websites in Coda (or other similar editors).

and then I discovered Blocs. This is what web design should be like, and is the future
There's a lot I like about Blocs personally, but its not a perfect app, and I find some things a bit hard to do, and/or limiting. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it however.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
I love Blocs as well. Since my old editor Freeway Pro ended development, I decided to give this app a try on one of my popular public sites. My visitors are loving the redesign.
I still find myself going back to Coda but more and more, I find workarounds to its limitations and plain hard presets.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

MechaSpanky

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
maflynn,

As someone who is interested in Blocs, I was wondering if you could elaborate on what you think is hard to do in Blocs and what you think is limiting? Could you compare it to RapidWeaver or to some other similar app? Thanks.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I really hope they make an iOS version of this! I would love to have this on my iPad Pro!

mbpowner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2016
Why?

I think many people still love producing websites in Coda (or other similar editors).

There's a lot I like about Blocs personally, but its not a perfect app, and I find some things a bit hard to do, and/or limiting. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it however.
I would say coding is harder to begin with, but much more efficient in the long run as you can do pretty much anything you want by googling whatever etc

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I love Blocs as well. Since my old editor Freeway Pro ended development, I decided to give this app a try on one of my popular public sites. My visitors are loving the redesign.
I still find myself going back to Coda but more and more, I find workarounds to its limitations and plain hard presets.

As a Freeway user, how did I not hear about this? It might be a good time for me to explore some other options.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.