Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I'm a huge fan of Brian Eno, so I didn't waste anytime downloading this. I must say, it might be the best music creation app available.

Here's the description...

Developed by ambient pioneer Brian Eno and musician/software designer Peter Chilvers, Bloom explores uncharted territory in the realm of applications for the iPhone and iPod touch. Part instrument, part composition and part artwork, Bloom's innovative controls allow anyone to create elaborate patterns and unique melodies by simply tapping the screen. A generative music player takes over when Bloom is left idle, creating an infinite selection of compositions and their accompanying visualisations.

"Bloom is an endless music machine, a music box for the 21st century. You can play it, and you can watch it play itself." - Brian Eno

Highly recommended!
Worth the $3.99

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Something can not be more or most unique, just like a chair can not be any more wooden; it's either wooden or it's not.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Something can not be more or most unique, just like a chair can not be any more wooden; it's either wooden or it's not.

Unfortunately, something also can't be the FUNNEST thing out there. At least Apple has the most unique ad slogan for the iPod touch. :)

moopf

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
Many thanks for posting this. Eno had a close relationship with the Koan generative music system and it's good to see he's still involved in that area. Definite buy for me :)

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Thanks for the heads up :) I just bought & downloaded this. Its pretty cool. And definitely very Eno-like!

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
just bought this app..i agree its very unique..i love it!! definitely recommend it!

jblock

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2006
Not bad. A selection of the background drones would be nice, as would a choice of the solo voice. The "moods" setting merely offers different note intervals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.