Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leakedbrainexclusive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I would like to add bluetooth 5.3 support to my mac through some USB adapter to pair with headphones supporting this version. I've found there exists the Nura Bluetooth® 5.3 Audio Transmitter for around 70$, which seems a bit steep compared to sub 10$ usb bluetooth 5.3 adapters I tend to find browsing Amazon and the likes, but those cheap USB adapters are windows only.

Any suggestions for alternatives or is this the only option now for Macs?

JasonCManley

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2019
Ohio
Hi, did you happen to ever find a solution? I'm also looking at the Nura Bluetooth® 5.3 Audio Transmitter.

Another option seems to be the Creative Labs BT-W3X.

Since we are on Mac (Mac Studio, gen 1, for me) I would like to hear real world experiences before buying though.

leakedbrainexclusive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I tested the headphones I had with Bluetooth 5.3 on paper with a newer phone supporting the protocol but they don't actually use the new features and drop sound quality, so I've given it a rest until I get good ones.

JasonCManley

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2019
Ohio
I tested the headphones I had with Bluetooth 5.3 on paper with a newer phone supporting the protocol but they don't actually use the new features and drop sound quality, so I've given it a rest until I get good ones.
Gotcha. The only Bluetooth headphones I have are my AirPods Pro 2nd gen; those are 5.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.