Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreiru

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
Kurgan, RF
Thanks for the photos man. I ordered one along with an original Lightning adaptor. I also found out that the controls won't work on the headphones nor will the miс with this thing. So what I get is a protruding adaptor x2 at £60 that allegedly upgrades the sound but downgrades functionality. I do love that mic and the controls and use them a lot. I guess the plus side is that it'll connect via stereo because audio via mono that MM450-X put put truly sucks.

CSR must be charging Apple an arm and a leg for Apt-x if they don't include it in iOS. Either that or Apple somehow doesn't think it sounds better thus being counterproductive to have it. Dammit, why is this so complicated. I do hear the difference between wired vs wireless or at least I think I do and that to me is a problem. Wired does sound better with the iPad. If Apt-x doesn't change this I'll be really pissed off after all the trouble and expense!

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Thanks for the photos man. I ordered one along with an original Lightning adaptor. I also found out that the controls won't work on the headphones nor will the miс with this thing. So what I get is a protruding adaptor x2 at £60 that allegedly upgrades the sound but downgrades functionality. I do love that mic and the controls and use them a lot. I guess the plus side is that it'll connect via stereo because audio via mono that MM450-X put put truly sucks.

CSR must be charging Apple an arm and a leg for Apt-x if they don't include it in iOS. Either that or Apple somehow doesn't think it sounds better thus being counterproductive to have it. Dammit, why is this so complicated. I do hear the difference between wired vs wireless or at least I think I do and that to me is a problem. Wired does sound better with the iPad. If Apt-x doesn't change this I'll be really pissed off after all the trouble and expense!
The Sennheiser's will also simultaneously connect to your phone and the mic will work perfectly. When I am using the Kokkia apt-x adapter with my iPhone, BOTH the phone works and the A2DP controls work on my MM500-X.

After pairing the Sennheiser's with the Kokkia apt-x adapter, I then go to my iPhone's BT settings and pair with Sennheiser's. The phone will give me a "cannot connect" error box, but then it connects and works perfectly with the iPhone 5 so I can make and receive phone calls and listen to music through the Kokkia apt-x adapter (you can tell when the adapter is paired with an apt-x device such as your MM450-X as the adapter's blue LED will flash twice instead of once). As I mentioned earlier, the Sennheiser's A2DP controls also work for "play/pause/ff/rw and track skip forward and backward".

I can clearly hear a difference with apt-x. It is nearly as good as the wired sound with my MM500-X.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.