Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SketchyClown

macrumors regular
Original poster
One of the more noticeable bugs for me in Monterey is the monitoring of the battery levels for my Apple BT keyboard & Magic Mouse.

I can insert freshly charged batteries in the keyboard and the level will not increase in the BT devices list.

iStat Menus is also having issues, but mostly reports correctly after a restart.

Hoped for a fix in 12.1, but maybe 12.2 ...

Not sure if anyone else has noticed the same behaviour.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Well for my MX Keys and MX Master it takes a while to update that it is charging or after I remove it from charging still shows the older battery % so you aren't alone.

Reactions: SketchyClown

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
My M1 iMac Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse show up with accurate battery levels but are charged via USB C to Lightning cables. Have tried plugging in both for about 20 minutes each and both battery levels went up in the Bluetooth menu once unplugged. Running 12.1 if that matters.

SketchyClown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Still borked here on Intel 12.6.8. Keyboard preferences reports way off from BT. Odd, the mouse reports correctly with built in battery. Maybe it doesn't like this older BT keyboard with AA batteries.
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 2.28.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 2.29.50 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.