Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
So I have an older car. And I don't want to upgrade the stereo if I don't have to.

But I have an iPhone 3g and I am looking forward to AD2P. How can I make my car stereo transmit AD2P? is there an adapter I can use? Or do I have to change out the entire stereo?

Thanks!

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah that is what I am talking about. I want something to make my Stereo have bluetooth. I know the phone will, and that is what I listen to all my music on when I am driving. But I want the stereo to support it.

How does that adapter work, because that looks like exactly what I want. :D

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
What car do you have

do you have a factory headunit ?

Most older cars, with a factory headunit DO NOT have an AUX input

Sometimes it's just cheaper to get a new headunit (that supports bluetooth) than buying

a) Factory unit Aux input $100 ( tricks your headunit into thinking you have a cd changer)
b) Bluetooh adapter $100+
c) Install of everything
d) etc

jmann

macrumors 604
Yeah that is what I am talking about. I want something to make my Stereo have bluetooth. I know the phone will, and that is what I listen to all my music on when I am driving. But I want the stereo to support it.

How does that adapter work, because that looks like exactly what I want. :D

All you have to have is an auxilary input in your car, 3.5mm just like regular headphones. If your car doesn't have that built in you can get a cheap stereo that has that feature. I think that will be the cheapest option. I am buying that adapter for my Yaris. :)

machacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
What car do you have

do you have a factory headunit ?

Most older cars, with a factory headunit DO NOT have an AUX input

Sometimes it's just cheaper to get a new headunit (that supports bluetooth) than buying

a) Factory unit Aux input $100 ( tricks your headunit into thinking you have a cd changer)
b) Bluetooh adapter $100+
c) Install of everything
d) etc

I have a 1996 toyota corolla, and it has the stock unit. But it does have a tape deck, so I have a 3.5 mm jack that works fine. But I want the sexyness of no wires when I listen to music. So what would I have to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.