Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murdoc2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Hey everyone, I've owned my iPhone 6 for 4 years now and everything has worked fine until iOS 11 upgrade. The Bluetooth disconnects from my Mazda 3 randomly when I'm playing music in my car.

A quick search on google has yielded a thread on Apple's very own forums talking about this issue with the latest post as recent as March 9th, 2018 detailing no new fixes to the problem from Apple. Like the experiences of those users, I'm still experiencing this issue in my car.

Is there an update planned from Apple to fix this issue? Has anyone managed to find a workaround?

If not, I hope the writers of MacRumors would pick up this story so Apple would take note of it because this is quite a serious issue. Many people use Bluetooth connections paired with Apple music while they are on their drive. I can only imagine this to be a wide spread issue and should be on Apple's top priority list of fixes.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
It has been an issue for me since iOS 10.2 or so. Before then hardly got cutouts on AirPods or beats solo 3. Since I get them constantly. Worst on one section of my commute

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I actually had this issue today, I had numerous issues with Bluetooth and my pioneer aftermarket deck but 99.9% seemed to be squashed in iOS 11.2.6 (until today that is)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.