Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Will this make BT keyboards effective for troubleshooting in all circumstance?

I guess we'll know, if Apple makes them BTO options in place of wired keyboards.

morlium

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
this will be fantastic if it allows keystroke booting from the BT keyboard ...

here's the link (though the dowload isn't live yet).

soosy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2002
Originally posted by nagromme
Will this make BT keyboards effective for troubleshooting in all circumstance?

I guess we'll know, if Apple makes them BTO options in place of wired keyboards.

I believe there'd still be the issue of needing a wired keyboard to setup the wireless one.

But it does sound like you'll be able to hold keys during bootup which is great.

illumin8

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2003
East Coast, US
Originally posted by soosy
I believe there'd still be the issue of needing a wired keyboard to setup the wireless one.

But it does sound like you'll be able to hold keys during bootup which is great.
I think they could work that out by shipping you a BT adapter that already has the update... Should act like a regular keyboard for all intents and purposes.

Good news.

PaisanoMan

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by illumin8
I think they could work that out by shipping you a BT adapter that already has the update... Should act like a regular keyboard for all intents and purposes.

Good news.

The problem is that Bluetooth devices need to be 'paired' before they can communicate (for security reasons). Once the computer knows which mouse/keyboard to look for, it could pair with it on startup.

I just hope it doesn't delay the startup process ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.