Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcdtech

Suspended
Original poster
May 11, 2020
Hi - I’m looking for some advice. I’ve been working remotely since February due to COVID and fear that I’m destroying my AirPod’s battery life with all of the conference calls I’m on. As such, I’m looking for an inexpensive Bluetooth headset for conference calls made from my iPhone. It has to be inexpensive, very comfortable, and have good battery life. Would prefer to have it charge in its own cradle or, if not that, be USB-C chargeable. Any ideas? I was thinking about something from plantronics/poly but wanted to ask the forum. Thanks!

grmlin

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2015
What’s inexpensive for you? I use cheap bluetooth headphones for sports and they all had terrible microphone quality.
why don’t you just use the headphones/EarPods included with your iPhone?

pcdtech

Suspended
Original poster
May 11, 2020
What’s inexpensive for you? I use cheap bluetooth headphones for sports and they all had terrible microphone quality.
why don’t you just use the headphones/EarPods included with your iPhone?
I would say no more than $75. Trying not to invest too much in COVID-based things that will (hopefully) not be necessary in, say, 6-9 months.

Two reasons: (1) I would prefer something wireless over wired if I want to get up and move freely, (2) most importantly, I want to keep the lightning port open for charging when needed.

grmlin

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2015
I think I would just get the battery replaced then if they die...

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
It doesn't help with the wireless part, but I've always had issues with wireless headsets not working as well as wired (personally). Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't (AirPods included). I bought a Schosche Lighting to 3.5mm Audio Adapter with Charging Port (~$40), and it's been great. I can use a wired headset, and still charge my iPhone.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I far prefer a Microphone and speakers. I've tried several kinds of headsets and I like the freedom of speakers/microphone. Of course this means that you have to have a dedicated room for conference calls.

pcdtech

Suspended
Original poster
May 11, 2020
I far prefer a Microphone and speakers. I've tried several kinds of headsets and I like the freedom of speakers/microphone. Of course this means that you have to have a dedicated room for conference calls.
Wish I did but...NYC

Reactions: pshufd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.